IMPORTANT UPDATES – NOTICE AND LEARNING MATERIALS
Achievement Prep Families and Scholars –
We are embarking upon a long-term school closure to ensure the health and wellness of all scholars, families, and personnel. Great lengths have been taken to ensure the continuance of your scholars’ learning program. In this kit, you will find Reading and Math lessons for each day, two sharpened pencils, and looseleaf paper. The link to all resources below can be found here: Parent Resources.
- Reading and Math work materials are provided, with lessons listed by day for your convenience.
- I-Ready – Scholars should use their I-Ready password from school for 30 minutes a day.
- Encourage your scholars to read as much as possible each day.
- “Bookshare” – Audio books for STAR scholars at www.bookshare.org
- Log in as “Student”
- Username: LastnameFirstname
- Password: achieveprep2020
- Teacher touchpoints, likely over the phone, to check in on scholars’ work and a general check-in with the family.
- All work will either be checked throughout the closure term or reviewed upon your return.
- Scholar work will be graded upon return – two as classwork and two as homework.
Remote Learning Office Hours
Monday – Friday
Morning Hours: 9AM – 11AM
Evening Hours: 2PM – 4PM
All office hours will be conducted via ZOOM (video and phone). To access your scholar’s Platinum Teacher, please click here.
Supplemental digital resources
Use on computers, tablets, and/or phones.
- All assignments can be accessed digitally at Parent Resources
- Learnzillion.com for Math and Reading
- Kahn Academy – www.kahnacademy.org for Math
If your cell phone is your primary form of technology, please follow the instructions at the end of this letter to secure a personal hotspot that will provide access to any digital activities.
The District has negotiated with Comcast for all households to receive free Internet Essentials for two months. Please click this link – https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19 to learn more and how to access this service in your home.
- Questions or concerns? To receive a response within two (2) hours Monday through Friday, from a member of the school team, feel free to use the contact information below.
- Phone: Yolanda Barber, Principal 202-807-9162
- Email – ESremote@achievementprep.org
- Phone: Cyrkle Lomax, Principal 202-738-3050
- Email – MSremote@achievementprep.org
Thank you for your continued partnership and for supporting scholars during this time.
- Open the Settings app;
- Select the Network & internet option;
- Select Hotspot & tethering;
- Tap on Wi-Fi hotspot;
- This page has options for turning the hotspot feature on and off. …
- Follow instructions to customize the hotspot feature to your liking.
- Open Settings;
- Select “Personal Hotspot”
- Tap the slider next to “Allow others to Join”
Last updated Monday, April 6, 2020 at 12:53 pm EST.